Thursday 27 January 2011

D is for Deadbeat


My favourite genre is crime/mystery/thriller and I love the alphabet series by Sue Grafton. The characters appeal and Kinsey Millhone (the 30 something PI and solver of crimes) is a feisty single woman with strong morals, a sense of humour and a penchant for trouble. I enjoy the predictability of her lifestyle and the details of the lives of those closest to her. The series is now 21 books strong so if you enjoy her you have a lot to look forward to. I had somehow missed D so when I saw it recently in a second hand bookshop it was a must. Her later books have become more complex, but going back to one near the beginning was very refreshing. Good story, brilliant characters and a satisfying ending – what more can you ask. I can’t wait to read book 22 – and there should still be 4 more to go!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy this series too, have read several of them.

    ReplyDelete