Monday 31 January 2011

The Moving Finger


I have always had a soft spot for Agatha Christie, ever since 'devouring' most of her books in my teens. This remains one of my favourite stories - I'm not sure why - it could be the ugly duckling love story that lurks amongst the murder and mayhem. It is far from her best mystery but somehow the main characters are (for me anyway) very ‘real’. The back story is a lovely little romance and there is one chapter near the end that is nothing to do with the crime but is extremely appealing (if a little cliched!). The denouement is as satisfying as usual and I like this book a lot.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this one, but it sounds as though I have a treat in store when I do.

    Thanks for visiting my blog - nice to meet another British book blogger - and one who worked in a library as well.

    Margaret at BooksPlease

    ReplyDelete